We are on the look-out for talented individuals to join our team as Aluminium Fabricators at our new state of the art fabrication facility in Ballymena (just off the M2 motorway, situated beside the old Michelin factory).
Our Aluminium Fabricators produce quality curtain wall, windows and doors to the agreed specification and system ensuring all measurements, marking, cutting and assembling of materials are completed with precision
The ideal candidate will have experience operating machinery such as routers, end millers, notchers and bead saws and have an eye for detail whilst adopting and promoting good health and safety standards on the factory floor.
They must be proficient in timekeeping, work well under pressure and have the ability to work effectively on their own initiative.
As a member of our Offsite Team, you will be required to:
- Assemble products from technical drawings and system manuals
- Measure, mark, cut and attach materials with precision
- Operate machineries such as routers, end millers, notchers and bead saws
- Hands-on, varied work
- Cooperate and support your team to deliver quality end products.
- Minimum 1-2 years experience working in a fabrication/manufacturing environment
- Experience in reading drawings and specifications
- Experience in operating workshop machinery
- Ability to use basic hand tools and machinery
- Excellent attention to detail skills
- The ability to work effectively on your own initiative
- The ability to work well under pressure
- Proficient in timekeeping
- Excellent attendance record
- Good verbal communication skills
- Ability to work on own initiative while contributing effectively to a team environment
- Experience working in the aluminium fabrication of curtain walling, windows and doors
- GCSE or equivalent Maths and English (Grade C or above)
- Knowledge and experience in the use of quality systems and processes ISO 9001
- Understanding of H&S requirements within a workshop environment
Budget & Salary
- Excellent rates of pay with agreed parameters for pay review
- 4-day week (Mon – Thurs)
- Opportunity for overtime
- Health Cash Plan
On the job training will be provided as well as the opportunity to develop a career in a growing and forward-thinking company. This is a unique role for a candidate who is looking to begin/further their career within the construction industry. This is a full time, permanent role, with a 4-day working week (Mon-Thurs) with opportunities for overtime on Fridays.
This is an excellent opportunity to join a company that has a healthy order book and a company that invests in its people. Our newly invigorated fabrication facility is fully operational and will see the addition of our state-of-the-art HQ in Q1 this year.
Think you are the perfect fit – please apply or get in touch!
Application deadline: 28/01/2022