To assist the design team to deliver complex projects enhanced by structural knowledge, safety focus and solution-finding.
As a Trainee Façade Technician, you will be learning on the job, and be working on specific detailing with assistance and support to move beyond current skill range. Your role will be to complete assigned work to the best of your ability, ask questions to move forward and work within proposed timescales.
Along with the rest of our team, you will help us deliver dream projects for our clients on large scale construction projects.
This role is based in our Head Office in Ballymena but may require regular travel to the UK averaging 1-2 days per month.
As a Trainee Façade Technician, you are required to:
- Produce working drawings/design on particular sections in accordance with the specifications received from the client and in the time the program allows.
- Attend internal and external project meetings where required
- Producing and maintaining the contract design file.
- Follow correct procedures and storage
- Submitting designs for internal review and discussion and then on for client approval.
- Providing technical calculations
- Regularly liaising with other departments, Procurement, Estimating, Quantity Surveying, Production and Site Teams.
- Keeping daily records of contracts worked on for monthly timesheets.
- Providing support to the design team
The role is offered as a 12-month placement opportunity, ideally, you will have completed your first 2 years of the BSc (Hons) Architectural Technology & Management Course and have strong AutoCAD skills and experience.
It would be ideal if you had excellent 3D ability and experience i.e. Photoshop, Inventor or similar.
- High level of attention to detail.
- Flexible and adaptable approach to work.
- Motivated team player and ability to take initiative.
- Knowledge of general construction methods and ability to develop knowledge rebuilding regs and other relevant legislation.
- Ability to work on own initiative.
- Growth mindset prepared to develop and update skills and knowledge.
- Attractive level of remuneration
- State of the art offices
- Health cash plan
- Private health care
- Discounted gym membership
- Opportunities for career development