Ensuring profitability and accountability for commercial management and programme on live large scale construction projects in a post-contract role.
This is an exciting role in a fast-paced environment that will provide a structured working platform for an experienced Senior Quantity Surveyor. The role will be integral with our Operations Team and Site in a post-contract role to manage both project profitability and construction programmes on each live project.
This role will be full-time permanent working and can be based either in in our Head Office in Ballymena or in London and will require regular travel to the UK 1-2 days per month.
This role will surround itself upon the following tasks;
- Coaching and mentoring Intermediate/Junior QS members.
- Lead commercial management aspect of a number of projects ranging from £2m-£10m.
- Engagement, negotiation, appointment and management of sub-contractors from tender to final account.
- Procurement of materials and ensuring efficient and timely scheduling/buying.
- Analysing received tenders and assessing value for money.
- Exercising financial control through the production of updated cash-flows and assisting the compilation of cost value reconciliation reports.
- Monitoring budget vs current/forecast spend and ensuring any risk items are raised and addressed in an efficient, timely manner.
- Submission of applications for payment and agreement of interim valuations.
- Change management and identification/agreement of variations.
- On-site measurement of works.
- Successfully co-ordinate as part of the management team through liaison with clients / client representatives, architects, consultant engineers, site managers, supervisors, planners, surveyors and HSEQ officers.
- BSc Hons in Quantity Surveying and Commercial Management or similar diploma.
- Minimum 3-5 years’ experience in the above roles or similar setting.
- Sound knowledge of general construction methods.
- Sound communication, numerical and literacy skills.
- High level of IT literacy, especially in Microsoft Packages (Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook).
- CSR training card.
- Flexibility to travel to the UK approximately 1-2 days per fortnight.
- Proficient in negotiation and achieving best value from supply chain.
- High standard of organisational and time management skills.
- Ability to demonstrate previous experience in liaising with Tier 1 Contractors in a sub-contract capacity.
- Commitment to team approach and support, initiative taker, problem solver and excellent client relations are a must.
- Technical knowledge/experience of Unitised Curtain Wall system
- Technical knowledge of SFS, Rainscreen Cladding and Glazing systems (Metal Technology, Aluprof, Schueco).
- Contractual training NEC, JCT etc
- Construction background.
- Attractive level of remuneration depending on expertise and experience
- State of the art offices
- Health cash plan
- Private health care