Clarke are a growing construction business based in Ballymena with a portfolio of work that reaches all over the UK and Ireland.
Our people are our priority, they make us stand out, we are extremely proud of them and what we have achieved.
We now have an exciting opportunity for a Procurement Co-Ordinator to join our business.
Working alongside the Procurement Team, this role will support liaison between all departments to ensure that items are purchased, costed and delivered on time to ensure all projects run with ease and within the timeframe and budgets envisaged.
As a Procurement Co-Ordinator, you are required to fulfil the below duties:
- Take ownership of ordering, stocks and be robust in chasing down orders
- Receive quotes and orders from a number of sources and keep orderly records
- Negotiating with suppliers to agree prices, quantities, delivery schedules and commercial terms. Providing feedback to suppliers including quality issues & credits
- Research new suppliers and analyse market trends
- Analyse spending to advise on future needs
- Collect feedback on supplier performance
- Create and maintain good relationships with stakeholders
- Other ad-hoc duties
- Minimum of 5 GCSEs (or equivalent) to include English & Maths
- High level of IT literacy to include all Microsoft Packages & ERP system
- At least 1 years experience in a procurement role
- Strong influencing & negotiation skills
- High levels of accuracy when completing a large quantity of similar tasks
- Excellent prioritisation and organisational skills
- High level of attention to detail
- Motivated team player and ability to take initiative
- Ability to adhere to defined processes and Standard Operating Procedures
- Procurement qualification
- Experience in the construction industry
- Innovation – the ability to introduce innovations to enhance or add efficiencies to the project or task
- Solution Focused – problem-solving, finding solutions that commit to the best outcome
- Influence – the ability to build excellent team relationships that influences great outcomes
- Self-Direction/Accountability – the ability to take ownership, set goals, follow-through, seek feedback and ask for support in order to achieve results.
- Technical Expertise – developing your expertise and skills base on a regular basis and often ahead of time for future needs.
- Attractive level of remuneration depending on expertise and experience
- State of the art offices
- Health cash plan
- Private health care
- Discounted gym membership
- Opportunities for career development
Visit our website to understand our business, our people and our culture. If you’d like to apply for this position please forward your CV to us by 12 noon, Friday 10 December 2021, outlining clearly how you meet the defined essential and where applicable, desirable criteria.
We are an equal opportunities employer, and led by our values (creative, brave, determined, collaborative, passionate, true).
Diversity and Inclusion is at the heart of our business
Application deadline: 10/12/2021