Clarke are a growing construction business based in Ballymena with a portfolio of work that reaches all over the UK and Ireland.
Our people are our priority, they make us stand out, we are extremely proud of them and what we have achieved.
We now have an exciting opportunity for an Estimator to join our Pre-Construction Team.
Our Estimators are vital to our success, their knowledge of the industry and experience ensure they provide detailed estimates for tenders and jobs taking into account cost, time and client expectations. This role will take full responsibility for accurate tendering proposals for both glazing and cladding projects, working together in a team, sharing knowledge, mentoring trainee estimators, meeting clients and helping us win projects we can be proud of.
This role is based in our Head Office in Ballymena but will require travel to the UK.
- Preparing tender submissions, estimates and proposals within project timeframes
- Analysis and estimation of value engineering opportunities to ensure bids are competitive
- Quantity take-off, BOQ preparation and unit rate build-ups
- Preparation, issue, follow up and negotiation of supplier enquiries & quotations
- Completion of tender checklists
- Final bid preparation & submission
- Follow up and negotiation of submitted tenders including attendance at tender review meetings as necessary.
- Preparation of project information packs for project handover
- Attendance at internal tender review & project handover meetings
- Take part in our knowledge transfer huddles, mentor others and support the team to continuously innovate and improve
- Build relationships with clients, giving consideration to how we meet and exceed their expectations by taking time to listen, innovate and provide solutions whilst minimising risk for the client and the company
- Work closely with the design team to respond creatively to client needs and build operational excellence throughout the company.
- At least 3 years’ construction industry experience
- Proven ability to read and understand construction drawings and specifications
- Sound knowledge of general construction methods
- Excellent client-facing/networking skills
- Sound communication, numerical & literacy skills
- High standard of organisational and time management skills
- High level of IT literacy, especially in Microsoft Packages (Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook)
- Access to transport throughout N.I and ROI
- Estimating experience in the Façade industry (cladding and/or glazing)
- Technical knowledge of SFS, Rainscreen Cladding
- Technical knowledge of Glazing systems (Metal Technology, Aluprof, Schueco).
- HNC level qualification or above, preferably in construction or engineering related subject.
- Experience pricing with LogiKal or Schuecal software.
- Experience in pricing unitised facades
- Attractive level of remuneration depending on expertise and experience
- State of the art offices
- Health cash plan
- Private health care
- Discounted gym membership
- Opportunities for career development
Visit our Website to understand our business, our people and culture, and if you’d like to apply for this position please forward your CV to us by 12 noon, Friday 13 May 2022, outlining clearly how you meet the defined essential and where applicable, desirable criteria (previous applicants need not apply)
We are an equal opportunities employer, and led by our values (creative, brave, determined, collaborative, passionate, true).
Diversity and Inclusion is at the heart of our business