Clarke are a growing construction business based in Ballymena with a portfolio of work that reaches all over the UK and Ireland.
Our people are our priority, they make us stand out, we are extremely proud of them and what we have achieved.
We now have an exciting opportunity for an Estimating Bid Co-ordinator to join our business – candidates seeking a full-time or part-time role will be considered for this position.
This is an exciting new role being created within the Pre-construction team which will provide structured and valuable experience to a driven and highly organised individual. Reporting to the Estimating Manager you will play a fundamental role in achieving our ambitious customer and revenue growth objectives.
This role is based in our Head Office in Ballymena but may require travel to the UK.
As an Estimating Bid Co-ordinator, you are required to fulfil the below duties:
- Full responsibility for the management of our Estimating and Sales administration (email, calls – outbound and inbound, enquiry list etc).
- Ensure all enquiries are logged onto CRM database.
- Prepare enquiry list for review by Estimating Manager.
- Respond to all enquiries in line with our agreed service standards to include request for further info, decline to tender and initiation of bid/tender process.
- Downloading enquiry documents and hard copy file preparation for Estimators.
- Creating and updating document registers for tenders.
- Maintaining CRM database of current and potential customers.
- Overmarking architectural drawings for bid submissions.
- Collating tender submission documentation.
- Process architect/contractor sample requests.
- Other sales administration tasks as may be reasonably required.
- Minimum of 5 GCSEs (or equivalent) to include English & Maths and at least 1 years’ experience in an administrative role OR Minimum 3 years’ experience in an administrative role.
- High level of IT literacy to include all Microsoft Packages.
- Strong influencing & negotiation skills.
- High levels of accuracy when completing a large quantity of similar tasks.
- Excellent prioritisation and organisational skills.
- High level of attention to detail.
- Motivated team player and ability to take initiative.
- Ability to adhere to defined processes and Standard Operating Procedures.
- Experience working within a similar position.
- Experience in construction industry.
- Innovation – the ability to introduce innovations to enhance or adds efficiencies to the project or task.
- Solution Focused – problem solving, finding solutions that commit to the best outcome.
- Influence – the ability to build excellent team relationships that influences great outcomes.
- Self-Direction/Accountability – the ability to take ownership, set goals, follow through, seek feedback and ask for support in order to achieve results.
- Technical Expertise – developing your expertise and skills base on a regular basis and often ahead of time for future needs.
- Attractive level of remuneration depending on expertise and experience
- State of the art offices
- Health cash plan
- Private health care
- Discounted gym membership
- Opportunities for career development
Visit our website to understand our business, our people and our culture, and if you’d like to apply for this position please forward your CV to us by 12 noon, Friday 13 May 2022, outlining clearly how you meet the defined essential and where applicable, desirable criteria.
We are an equal opportunities employer and are led by our values (creative, brave, determined, collaborative, passionate, true).
Diversity and Inclusion are at the heart of our business.